December is here! It is time to turn on the Christmas lights, do a little shopping, some baking and reflecting on the season. Don’t forget to take time to read! How about joining a holiday reading challenge. This can be found on the CanadianContent Goodreads site if you care to “officially” join. Here is the challenge:
- A holiday story set in Canada.
- A holiday story set in another continent.
- A holiday story celebrating another faith than you participate in.
- A reread of a classic Christmas story you love.
- A holiday story that you have never heard of.
- A holiday story that has been made into a movie
Looking for suggestions? Ginger is showcasing a few books that I picked up from the library today and I will suggest:
Christmas at the Vinyl Cafe – I am just about halfway through and loving the heartwarming, comical stories written by Canada’s beloved Stuart McLean. Although his voice is sadly silenced, his humour and amazing storytelling lives on in the Vinyl Cafe series.
Skipping Christmas – I just finished enjoying this book via audio. It is just as funny as watching the movie (Christmas with the Kranks) which was filmed based on the story.
A Christmas Carol – we all know this classic tale of ghosts visiting the miserly Scrooge but it is a book that needs to be reread!
Get into the Christmas spirit by sitting down with a holiday tale!