My review on The Confidence Code will be a short since we have already enjoyed (and can review) the comprehensive guest post by Dominique O’Rourke from earlier this summer. After reading Dominique’s review, I was inspired to read this book also and am sharing a few highlights that resonated with me:
- “Maybe Nike has it right. At some point we have to stop thinking and jus do it” (p. 51)
- “We’ve learned that the secret to success may in fact be failure” (p. 124)
- The Japanese word gaiman means keep trying (p124)
- I appreciated the reference to the terrific book Mindset by Carol Dweck.
- “Risk keeps you on life’s edge. It keeps you growing, improving and gaining confidence“. (p141)]
Micro-confidence do’s include:
- Be Grateful
- Think Small
- Sleep more, move, share – in any order
- Practice power positions (p162-164)
Overall, the book had an inspiring message. At times the science of genetics and DNA was a bit dry but I really appreciated the section on raising confident daughters and would recommend the book to other parents!